воскресенье, 28 октября 2012 г.

Sunday`s Realizations. Week 2.

One more week passed. I want to share with my thoughts about the reading.  I found more about Pip`s life in his family. And I am sorry for him, because the life he lives is not happy at all. He is like an outcast in his own family. It seems that his sister doesn`t love Pip, even a little. While reading I haven`t noticed that she says something gentle to him . In Christmas morning instead of wishing him Merry Christmas her first words were ("And where the deuce ha' you been?").  
At that Christmas day some guests came to them. Each of them said to Pip that he is unthankful, and that he doesn`t appreciate that his sister does for him, and that there is nothing good in this boy. His sister didn`t stop them , didn`t defend him.  What`s more she agreed with them and confirmed that he is a burden to her. (
"He was a world of trouble to you, ma'am," said Mrs. Hubble, commiserating my sister.
"Trouble?" echoed my sister; "trouble?" and then entered on a fearful catalogue of all the illnesses I had been guilty of, and all the acts of sleeplessness I had committed, and all the high places I had tumbled from, and all the low places I had tumbled into, and all the injuries I had done myself, and all the times she had wished me in my grave, and I had contumaciously refused to go there.) 

Only Joe, her husband , was kind to Pip and supported him during the whole dinner. 
I am shocked with Pip`s sister behaviour. How could she agree with people who tell a lot of bad things about her brother? It is awful to have a sister like she.   

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий