воскресенье, 7 сентября 2014 г.

                                                             My expectations. 


Beginning a new course this semester brings me, like any other new things, a number of expectations. First of all, I expect to find out finally what the academic writing is. It means that I want to know how to define the academic writing and how does it look like, I mean its structure. I hope I will learn how many kinds of writing exist, and how to produce them. I expect as well to see enough examples of these kinds of writing in order to be able to write in the same way. I think that during the course we will have much training in writing, sometimes successful, sometimes not very. So, at the end of this course I expect to know everything about writing and to be able to produce correct, coherent writings.

4 комментария:

  1. Dear Ann, I really liked your paragraph. It is simple, understandable and coherent. It seems you read all our thoughts and put it into one. I don't have any doubts you'll succeed as far as I know you and your level of English. Good luck!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Dear Ania,

    I also like your paragraph very much. It is coherent. One idea comes out from the previous one. It's you who metioned about finding out finally the definition of academic writing. I am sure that all your expectations will become true. Have a nice week my dear!

    Kind wishes,
    Alina

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Anne, rather good. I have clearly seen the TS at the beginning, whereas the supporting sentences further develop it.
    1) Check if the noun 'expectations' collocates with 'bring'
    2) You should reformulate the third sentence, namely the end 'and how does it look like, I mean its structure'. Consider having another sentence. Think, does it relate to the previously stated idea?
    3) How could you say otherwise ' kinds of writing'?
    4) ' sometimes not very'
    5) 'I expect to know everything about writing', is this your expecation? It's not quite clear for me.
    It's a rather coherent paragraph. I like the use of connectors, but try to use others as well.
    Good luck!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. I am glad that some of us finally wrote TS clear.

    ОтветитьУдалить